5 Time Management Tips
We all seem to be rushing from one place to another. We often drop off passengers to business meetings who as you can imagine are in a rush. Others are more relaxed and seem to take things in their stride. We all have 24 hours in a day, so what makes some people manage their time well and others struggle to get things done? Here are 5 time management tips that will help you manage your life and work efficiently.
- Take care of yourself. Looking after yourself. Doing things that make you happy will make you more productive, hence it’s our top tip! Whether you like going to the gym or watching movies do the things that you enjoy, you will get more done.
- Write down your goals. Its best to do this at the end of every week, we like writing out our goals on a Sunday. So we are prepared for the week ahead. Remember to write realistic goals. You may dream of running a 10-mile race but if you have never run before your long-term goal could be a 10-mile race. You should break up into smaller goals. Train for a 5K run first and then set another realistic goal.
- Write a to-do list. Some people prefer to use pen and paper others use their phone. There are quite a few apps that you can use. Some people like using the notes on their phone as they always carry their phone around. Use whatever works for you. Again if you write your to-do list on a Sunday, you know what you have planned for the rest of the week.
- Get rid of distractions. You may have all these wonderful dreams and plans. But if you are always on your phone scrolling through social media sites. By the time you realise 2 hours would have already gone by! You know what things distract you. You could begin by weaning yourself off them or go for the plunge! Do whatever works for you.
- Say no. Be selective on how you spend your time. If you don’t want to go out for dinner with your friends or you don’t have the time, don’t go. Choose how you spend your time wisely.
Time Management Tips For Professionals
If you are a professional you will have tight deadlines, meetings to attend and tasks to get done. At the end of a busy day, you may not really have achieved much. This can be really frustrating and you can become demotivated. You can follow the 5 time management tips above, as they apply to everyone.
Use tools to measure your time. Clockify is an excellent tool to use to help you manage your time effectively. You will be able to work out what you are currently spending your time doing. On reflection will be able to make improvements so you become more productive.
Delegate tasks. Some people take on all the responsibility at work and put themselves forward for everything often they burn out. If tasks can be delegated to others and it is more productive for you to do so, then delegate.
Be organised. Take the time to organise your files, otherwise, a lot of time can be wasted trying to find. If you have a structured system, you will be more productive.
Routines. If you don’t have a routine you won’t achieve your goals. structured routines are essential for professionals.
Time limits. If you set time limits to do a task such as reading emails, you will save a lot of time. If you keep on checking your emails all the time then you will definitely waste time. Emails can be a huge distraction.
Time Management Tips for Work
All the time management tips that we have shared in this blog post apply to work too. Something that we would like to add is.
No waiting around. A lot of time is often wasted in the workplace waiting around. Maybe you are waiting for a meeting to start, or waiting for a client. Take your laptop with you, so you can complete a task. Otherwise, before you know it half an hour has gone by and you have just wasted it.
Read our blog post 7 tips for effective meeting to help you achieve effective meetings.
Book your Wokingham Taxi, to get to your meetings on time. Remember the more organised you are the more productive you will be!
‘Carpe Diem- seize the day’