How To Be More Productive At Work
Last updated on May 6th, 2019 at 10:34 am
Here are a few tips on how to be more productive at work. It all starts with getting to work on time. We strive to serve our customers and get you to your destinations on time and in a relaxed mood, Book your local taxi with us.
1. Don’t multitask
You might think that if you do a variety of tasks at once that you will get more done. However, it actually takes you longer to complete a task. Focus on one task at a time. You will end up completing the task faster.
2. Take breaks
Regular breaks help your concentration. And they boost your mood. It’s also important for your back not to sit at the desk for hours on end. Get up and move around!
You could try the Pomodoro Technique and see if it works for you.
The Pomodoro Technique is a time management method developed by Francesco Cirillo.
The technique uses a timer to break down work into intervals of 25 minutes in length. That are separated by short breaks. Each interval is known as a Pomodoro. From the Italian word for ‘tomato’. After the tomato-shaped kitchen timer that Cirillo used as a university student.
3. Optimise your to-do list
Organise your to-do’s into three categories:
- Very Important Tasks. Choose the three most important and urgent tasks for this category. Write them down at the top of your daily to-do list. These three tasks are your must-dos for the day. These take top priority and should be your focus for the day until they’re done.
- Important Tasks. Choose the next three most important or urgent tasks. Write those down. Tackle the most important three tasks.
- Bonus Tasks. You can write the rest of your ideal tasks down or not. After the first two categories are complete, anything else you’re able to achieve is a bonus.
4. Take care of the biggest tasks when you’re most alert
It is important to set small goals. If you set yourself huge goals you will feel overwhelmed.
If you have a big project to complete break it up into smaller tasks. It is also important to understand when and how you work best is key to getting those big projects done on time.
There’s no set schedule that works for everyone. If you’re a morning person, tackle the big tasks first thing in your day.
5. Implement the ‘two-minute rule’
Make the most of your time at work. If a task takes less than two minutes. Do it now. Finding and immediately completing tasks that take two minutes or less. Actually saves you time.
Think about it. You know some tasks are going to take less than a couple of minutes to complete. But instead of completing them you just keep thinking about them. Your list of goals just starts to overwhelm you. Instead when you have a couple of minutes spare complete the task.
Right, I’m off for a break!
Work Productivity Quotes
We love quotes at Swift Cars. Here are some work productivity quotes to keep you motivated!
‘The secret of getting ahead is getting started’ Mark Twain
‘If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done’ Bruce Lee
‘Glory lies in the attempt to reach one’s goal and not in reaching it’ Mahatma Gandhi
‘Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new’ Albert Einstein
PS. If you have any more tips on how to be more productive at work contact us